I'm planning on spending some nights in my tiny house before it's actually completed. What do you think I need to have in there to make it livable?
I'm thinking about these things:
- In my case, SIPs, but I think for stick building you'd need insulation in there.
- Without these it's hard to call it a "house".
- You should at least have Tyvek and ice and water shield to protect your house.
- You could probably get by without these in if you don't cut the sheathing out.
- Increases visibility of the perimeter in case of zombies but then again, zombies can break windows so it's a wash.
- To keep out the bears, coyotes, hobos, and hobo zombies.
- If it's cold outside, if it's hot I think air conditioning is optional.
- Could be temporary space heater.
- I have a composting toilet so that's easy to put in without full plumbing.
- Drinking water, no need to have full plumbing at this point.
- Shower somewhere else: Gym, Friend's house, local historic fountain, or sponge baths!
- I doubt you "need" electric but a simple extension cord would run your heat and laptop.
- Battery powered camping stuff would help out here.
What do you think I missed? Anything you think you need before camping out or anything you think you could do without?